Friday, February 27, 2009

Like Daughter... Like Mother...

During...

After...

After Emma's emotional 10 inches of hair donation to Lock's of Love last year, I decided that my little fling with growing out my hair would continue until I had enough to donate. I chose to send mine to Pantene (why not share the love???) and they only require 8 inches. I went last week to get my hair done with the wonderful Laurie and told her the time had come - it looked like I had enough so chop away!! After she got over the initial shock she pig-tailed it up and chop she did! We got a few not-so-flattering pic's but pic's nonetheless to document it. I am so grateful for these groups that collect hair and make wigs for women and children who have lost their hair. It can be such a humiliating experience and I am forever grateful that I lost my hair when I was so young and basically clueless. I was definitely effected by it and embarrassed but nothing compared to what it would have been like had I been in my teen years- yikes! So, I am happy to pay it forward and to give up the hair that I am so incredibly fortunate to now have...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You look so sassy!!!

Jenni said...

Hey! I gave mine away last year, too (I also have blog posts about it if you want to hear about the angst). Good for you! Looks beautiful--