Monday, March 3, 2008

My current obsession...

A few years ago I discovered minky fabric - the most amazingly soft fabric ever and have from time to tome made a few blankets with it paired with a fun or funky fabric on the other side. Recently I had some requests for me to make them for others so I did and it was so much fun that I started obsessively buying fabric that I didn't necessarily "need" and starting making a bunch of them along with matching burp cloths. After some convincing from supportive friends (thank you - by the way :) ) my new line of creations called "freckly face" (appropriate, yes?) was born and off I went to Davis to a darling boutique and the owner bought 10 sets and a bunch of individual burp cloths to sell at her store! Who knows what will come of it but if I can support my fabric "habit" then I will keep on making them..... here is a sampling of blankets that I sold to her. Thus, the reason for my "mad" sewing experience last friday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Im so glad you were able to sell so many right away. I have complete faith that this will turn out to be succesful for you. I love the name,freckly face.

Unknown said...

!e ALL love the blankie and burp cloths you made for Alexis. She still plays with it and talks to the cute little children playing on it! It is the softest thing ever! So glad you have a chance to sell them too. Freckly face is awesome, it made me smile.

amy said...

You are truly gifted! I know that Freckly Face will be a huge hit!