Sunday, May 18, 2008

She did it!

Emma (8 years old)
"before"

"during"

"after".... with 10 inches to donate

Her mommy when she was 8 years old

Honestly, I can not even describe how emotional I have been over this event but my sweet girl just chopped off 10 inches of her hair to donate to "Locks of Love". She has been growing it for the last 2+ years because we realized that by the time her hair would be long enough she would be the exact age I was when I lost all of my hair due to chemotherapy. Back then, wigs were awful and I refused to wear one but now they have much better technology and thanks to everyone who is willing to donate hair, kids today can have much more real looking wigs. Her Girl Scout troop was doing a community service actiivity on Friday night so she decided the time was right and she did it! It was amazing and I am so incredibly proud of her. It meant so much to me to watch her do it. Plus, she looks darling and it will be much easier for the summer!! I LOVE YOU EMMA!

4 comments:

Laura Gunn Studio said...

Way to go Emma! This post made me cry.

amy said...

What an amazing gift you gave, Emma! I know that your mom is incredibly proud of you! Such a great story to share together as mom & daughter!

Unknown said...

That is so sweet. Emma is such a special liiile girl with a big heart. She would not have decided to do this if she did not have such a wonderful mother.

joy said...

What a heartwarming post! I agree that Emma has a wonderful mother.
... your friend Steph M. shared your blog w/ me; Happy Thanksgiving :)